Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Memoirs I: Umbra and Penumbra

Do u believe in shadows…may be u don’t but I do. U all must have noticed the shadows growing and shrinking with the movement of light. Have u ever trusted them. Or are they just, mere shadows to u…but not to me. They had been my companion for 24 yrs and will remain till the end of me. Whether there is light or not, I know that they are beside me. It makes me feel secure that I’m not alone in this world. It is always a source of entertainment to me, to kill my time when I’m alone, an inspiration.

I started believing in them when he was a kid, who was too scared of this ruthless world. He was all alone, scared of being harmed by others. He used to watch people from distance, afraid of getting mixed with them. So, he always observed maintaining the distance with them. Routinely doing this, he started noticing the shadows and fell in love with them. And as he grew the shadows also did. When he was in eighth grade he came to know that he had two companions rather than one. He never knew about the shy one which was over shadowed by the contrast of the brighter one. The shy one was mostly invisible due to its nature. He and I are also like them, one overshadowing the other.

No comments: